Sunday, June 6, 2010

THE OLD IS NEW


My last post was sometime in February. It's actually pretty amazing that I even managed to keep it going that long. Back in December of 2009 I took a second job, bumping my work hours up to 70+ hours a week, and 7 days on. I did that up until this week, taking less than 10 days off that entire time. It was brutal. My life came to grinding halt. As did my health, fitness, and ability to really participate in the things that I love the most. After about 6 months, I had had enough. So this weekend was my first weekend as a single-jobber again.

So I will be able to put some more time in to this thing here. I have been busy with other things as well. I have been DJing regularly, and that's going pretty well. You can check out more about that here. I have also been pounding away at expanding the Boston Rock Gym empire. There's a ton of news on that front. But nothing I can really get in to just yet. Here's a hint: HEART OF STEEL 2011 is going to crush anything New England has ever seen. More on that later.

I also have been doing some serious bike investing. I finally put together the road bike, and OH MAN is it gorgeous. Pics soon. And in even more exciting news, I paid for my custom Geekhouse bike! I will be documenting that whole process as well.

For now, I am back. And I give you THIEVES LIKE US VOL. 8. I have basically been obsessed with all the excellent fuzzpop and shoegaze and goth rock stuff that has been coming out lately. So I thought I would put together a little mix.

TRACK ORDER:

1] Anathema
2] The Mary Onettes
3] Butterfly Explosion
4] Black Tambourine
5] Ceremony
6] Cold Body Radiation
7] Solemn Novena
8] Team Ghost
9] Soundpool
10] Depreciation Guild
11] Future Islands
12] HURTS
13] Cold Cave
14] The Big Pink
15] The Radio Dept.
16] The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
17] Fungi Girls
18] Singapore Sling
19] Gliss
20] Ride
21] Blessure Grave
22] Entertainment
23] A Sunny Day in Glasgow
24] The Fauns
25] Have a Nice Life

DOWNLOAD THE MIX HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment