Friday, February 19, 2010

IF IT'S DEAD, IT'S BECAUSE YOU KILLED IT


Sorry I missed last month on the monthly mix gig. But I had A LOT on my plate with the Heart of Steel comp and what not. If I get around to it, I will make a second mix for this month highlighting some of the dark, broody music that encompassed the finals soundtrack for HEART OV ZTEEL. For now, here is Volume 7.

Pretty simple. I have been hearing a lot of talk lately about how hardcore is over, or punk is dead. Or whatever. Blah, blah, blah. So I thought I would go through some of my favorite tracks from current hardcore/punk oriented bands. So here you have it, 25 tracks proving beyond shadow of doubt that things are alive and well. Maybe you will listen to this and think a lot of the music sucks. But it's not really about that. Hell, a lot of the bands in late 80's and early 90's sucked too, but it's pretty undeniable that that was a high point for punk and hardcore. So the moral is, if you don't like these bands, START YOUR OWN FUCKING BAND. Don't sit around and whine about how shows back in the day were so much cooler, or how punk is totally dead, yadda yadda. If it's dead, it's because you killed it.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE MIX

  1. MINDSET
  2. ON
  3. HOW WE ARE
  4. OFFSIDES
  5. CULT RITUAL
  6. WASTED TIME
  7. PUSHER
  8. GLASSES
  9. PUNCH
  10. CONFINES
  11. PAINTBOX
  12. SOCIAL CIRKLE
  13. REHASHER
  14. ARMALITE
  15. RVIVR
  16. THE ICE
  17. DOOMRIDERS
  18. LOTUS FUCKER
  19. PAINT IT BLACK
  20. NO FRIENDS
  21. STRIKE ANYWHERE
  22. NATIONS AFIRE
  23. BREAK EVEN
  24. TITLE FIGHT
  25. THE LOVED ONES

No comments:

Post a Comment