Wednesday, February 17, 2010

GREAT SCOTT!


So, last night I went to a show at Great Scott here in Boston. I had never so much as heard of the bands. And I must admit, in my somewhat jaded old age, it's been a while since I have dropped coin on a show where I knew zero about any of the bands. Here is how it shook out:

Some band from Brooklyn called GROOMS played. They were....fine. Sonic Youth was a good band, I get it. But I'm not sure I would start a band based on that notion alone. But whatever. I have sure as hell seen worse bands. Apparently they are a "noise-pop band from Brooklyn", uhhhh right.

Up next was a Boston band called YOUNG ADULTS. And I am not finna lie....they were awesome. I am not entirely sure how I would describe them...I guess "post-punk" but ew, I hate terms like that. Honestly though, you need to check this band out. Immediately. They are going to get big, promise. Don't listen to me though, check out their demo for free HERE.

So all in all it was a nice night out. Could have been a heck of a lot worse, that's for sure. I would have pictures of the show too, except that my partner in crime went to all the trouble of packing up her bag, stopping by her house to get her flash, swapping lenses, and FORGETTING HER SD CARD. Oof.

In other news, tonight there is an absolutely amazing show taking place at Great Scott. If you don't go, you might be an actual idiot. DOOMRIDER's new album "Darkness Come Alive" is my pick for best record of 2009. The show starts at 9. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment