Saturday, September 26, 2009

MAXIMUM BLACK


So as of late, I have been really enjoying sleeping at night. Granted, I usually get 5 hours of sleep or less. But man, I really *enjoy* it. Part of the experience has been being in MY OWN PLACE after couch surfing and living in my car for over a month. So settling down in my own bed has been a real treat. Lately, I have been very interested in finding what I like to call "freddy music". You know how in all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies...all those fucking kids talk about is how they can't sleep or they'll die. But they always fall asleep anyhow? Well, that's the kind of sleep I want my music to induce. The kind of sleep that I couldn't resist even if I was being chased by a scary pedophile with bad acne and a Cosby sweater.

So this month's mix installment is just that. Music to fall the hell asleep to. Now, let me make it clear, that if you are not the kind of person who likes to fall asleep to music, this is probably going to be no different. So don't whine. I should also make it clear that these are not the most exciting songs on the planet. If you're looking for good exciting jams, check out VOLUME 1 or VOLUME 2.

As usual, the track listing is important. By track 20, you should be engaged in a deep, dream-like sleep. (And maybe getting disemboweled by a dude with blade-fingers.)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FILE: thieves like us volume three

(BY ARTIST)
1] Apoptygma Berzerk
2] Architect
3] Aerosol
4] Asobi Seksu
5] Washed Out
6] Mew
7] The Daysleepers
8] Strip Music
9] Airiel
10] Alcian Blue
11] Kings of Convenience
12] Jose Gonzalez
13] Ola Podrida
14] Vitesse
15] Antimatter
16] Jesu
17] Ulver
18] Anathema
19] Gregor Samsa
20] Bohren & Der Club of Gore

*Disclaimer: Apparently, I like the whole Shoegaze revival stuff.

*Disclaimer 2: I know that Jose Gonzalez song is so cliche' that it even get played at fucking Barnes & Noble and Whole Foods. But fuck it.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, if this works I will love you for a thousand years. I'm in serious need of sleep.

    ReplyDelete