Monday, October 26, 2009

THE PURGING WIND IN MY HAIR


As the past few months have been somewhat of a living hell I have come to depend on late night bike rides. They are a gorgeous thing. Particularly as the weather has gotten to be my favorite. Cool and sunny during the day, and downright cold at night. Crisp fall air in my lungs is one of the most refreshing things I can imagine. This month's mix is intended to be plugged in to on a bike ride. I made this specifically to fill my ears (and yours) with an epic crescendo of riding goodness. So grease your chain, put on your helmet, plug in your headphones and ride hard.

TRACK ORDER (by artist):
1] Assemblage 23
2] Styrofoam
3] The Fauns
4] The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
5] The Jesus and Mary Chain
6] Doves
7] Tesla Boy
8] Editors
9] Lola Angst
10] Frankmusik
11] Discovery
12] Infadels
13] Fugazi
14] Third Eye Blind
15] Misfits
16] Paint it Black
17] No Friends
18] Doomriders
19] Watain
20] Air

A few notes:

a] Yes, that IS a Third Eye Blind song stuck right between Fugazi and The Misfits. No, I am not trying to be ironic. I love that band.

b] Tesla Boy is by far the greatest thing to happen to synth music since THIS RECORD came out.

c] No Friends are the best thing to come out of Florida since the Averkiou album. If you are unlucky enough to be trapped in Gainesville, FL for "The Fest", No Friends are playing. Go see them. And make fun of all the assholes in flip flops drinking PBR.

d] Doomriders "Darkness Come Alive" gets my vote for greatest album of 2009. Go buy it.

e] The Jesus and Mary Chain *still* kick ass.

f] This video for Air's "Sing Sang Sung" makes me want to die it's so good.

AIR MUSIC VIDEO SING SANG SUNG from MATHEMATIC SAS on Vimeo.



DOWNLOAD VOLUME FOUR HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment